Drenge Undertow Review.

Drenge. A now three piece band formed in the year 2011 by two brothers Rory and Eion Loveless, released their second studio album “Undertow “this week on infectious records. And I have to say I’m extremely impressed by this 11-track album. Drenge know for there teenage angst sound have created yet again another brilliant album, just like their first debut album self-titled “Drenge”relased in 2013.

Undertow has a mixture of heavy bass lines and raw sounding drum solo’s to almost mellow sounds seen in songs like “Running Wild” and “Standing In The Cold”, the album begins with a one minute 13 seconds intro cleverly named “introduction “which then continues into “running wild”. Now I’ve only listened to this album four times but I have to say I feel like “running wild “is one of my favorites’ from this album and I can see it as a big hit for Drenge.

Although this eleven track album has no more major vaults with it, I cant help but think songs like “Never Awake “and “The Snake” were just fillers for the album, however saying that the music in “Never Awake “is rather good, maybe its one of them songs that will grow on me the more I listen to this album. This now seems to be a reoccurring event with me as when Drenge’s debut album came out in 2013,it took me a while to appreciate songs like “Gun Crazy” and “Dog Meat”.

Drenge seem to have this odd affect on me, I forget about them but as soon as someone mentions them on twitter or I hear a snippet of a song, I’m attached to them within seconds. The excitement for this album for me was brought about when Drenge released their first single from the album “We Can What We Want “I knew as soon as I heard this masterpiece of a song I had a feeling that this album would be a turning point for Drenge, drawing in more fans but also keeping the fans they’ve had since the start of their career.

Overall the Loveless brothers have created a wonderful album, that plays with your feelings, it makes you feel like a teenage angst ready to take on the world, to mellow and slightly more calmer than you would of hoped to be after all Drenge aren’t Drenge without the heavy bass lines and drum solos are they now?

Drenge’s Second Album is out on Monday the sixth of April.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part One Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost review.

Albums Of The Year.

I Re-watched Fleabag and now I cant stop crying