Glitterbug Review.

"Glitterbug”. Is The Wombats’ third studio album, after a long hiatus the three boys from the town of Liverpool have retuned with a rather disappointing new album.

After discovering the wombats in the year 2011 after seeing them at t4 on the beach (weirdly) and hearing techno fan I knew that 12 year old Libby would some day appreciate the music that the wombats made, and a couple of months later that's when my massive wombats phrase hit. So you imagine how I felt when hearing they would be going on a hiatus, but I soon got over it, sometimes I would find myself listening to them but that was about it. Until earlier on this year the wombats were back and releasing a new song called "Greek Tragedy" I saw the majority of people talking about it on social media but I wasn't that bothered until I actually heard the song, and all them feelings from I was 12 years old had returned. Glitterbug isn't all that bad I mean it has some good songs on but overall I found it rather disappointing it’s no “Modern Glitch” or “A guide To Love, Loss & Desperation”.

The album kicks off with “Emoticons “which isn’t that bad at all although the intro to this song reminds me of Drake’s smash hit “Hold On We’re Going Home”, in all honest this album starts off rather well with songs like “Give Me A Try” and “Be Your Shadow” but has the album continues the song’s go rapidly down hill and its disappointing to say the least. After not releasing a album for over four years you would think The Wombats would want to make this album they comeback album? The album then seems to pick itself back up when it comes to track eight “Your Body Is A Weapon “which was released as a single in 2013.

The only interesting thing that I discovered whilst listening to this album and looking at what other people seemed to think about this album, was the slight hints about what the album was all about and whom it was about, the album seems to be based around a fictional turbulent relationship with an English boy and a Californian girl, however the narrative is rather vague so its hard to hear these sly hints one of the songs from this album that is just 3 minutes and 54 seconds of pure awfulness is “Headspace” this song seems to reminds me of something that “The Midnight Beast “would release for a laugh, and not to mention track 10 “Pink Lemonade “and  track 6“This Is Not A Party” these tracks sound like a mixture between the 1975 and a pop punk band gone awfully wrong.


Overall there are some not too bad songs on this album but the rest of it is rather disappointing, lets hope this is not the direction that The Wombats are happy to continue down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part One Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost review.

Albums Of The Year.

I Re-watched Fleabag and now I cant stop crying