Tyler The Creator-CherryBomb Album Review.

CherryBomb”is the third studio album from rapper and lead member of rap group “Odd Future “Tyler the creator. And I have to say I’m rather shocked by this album, but shocked in a good way. We all know Tyler has many different layers to him he can be the caring guy that every girl wants and loves, but on the other hand he can be
controlling and a bit of a sociopath, and I feel like this album shows that.

This album seems to bring out every layer and every type of music that Tyler wishes to create, we can see the classic heavy bass and rap in songs like “deathcamp”and “buffalo “but Tyler turns it around in songs like “the brown stains of darkeese latifah part 6-12” and “keep the o’s”, and to be honest this album has really surprised me by how good it is, although I have to say I have heard so many mixed reviews and feelings towards this album many people have said it is nothing compared to his past two albums “Wolf” and “Goblin”, but many other people have said its very good and it shows a new side to the rapper aged 24 and his music.

When the news broke out last week that Tyler would be dropping a new album in a week’s time I was very excited after all it has been over two years since his last album “wolf “was released on his own record label “Odd Future LLC”but sadly the excitement for me died down a bit after hearing demo’s of “fucking young “and “cherrybomb”, to me it didn’t sound like the Tyler that I grew to love after hearing his vocals on odd future track “Oldie”, to me it sounded like Tyler let his producer do what ever he wanted to his vocals.
 But after listening to both of these songs on the album they have grown on me and I think they’re two of the best songs on this album, I feel like this album could be a turning point in the rapper’s career, I mean he even has rapper Kanye West on what I believe is the best song on the album “Smuckers”.

You can really tell from certain songs on the album that Tyler has really pushed himself to make different music from his last album “wolf”, which isn’t a bad thing at all. Overall this album has had a mix bag of reactions and feelings towards it but I mean this album was only released on Monday so it’s very hard to put a judgment on it and what sounds that Tyler wished to create for his loyal fans and new fans.


Catch Tyler The creator when he comes over for a short tour next month in these locations Manchester Academy (May 13th) and London Roundhouse (May 14th).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part One Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost review.

Albums Of The Year.

I Re-watched Fleabag and now I cant stop crying