Palma Violets Review.

 London based band Palma Violets are back with their second album “Danger In The Club”, after the success of their first album “180” released in February 2013,the band known for their riotous performances and indie anthems like “Best Of Friends “and “Step Up For The Cool Cats” have returned with a new album and its not what I was expecting.

After the success of their first album the band have returned with a pretty average second album, known for their high energy when playing live, this album just doesn’t seem to carry that same energy, the potential chaos that they are seen to have just seems to kind of fade in and out on the majority of the tracks. The album starts with a short track named “Sweet Violets “they isn’t a lot to say about this track, apart from the fact it leads into one of the best songs on the album “Hollywood (I Got It), this song isn’t serious at all with a line of “fresh fish I got it “repeated throughout the duration of the song this song is just Palma violets making the music that they want to make and mucking around in a studio, which is one of the reasons why I like them so much they don’t take themselves or their music seriously at all.

The vocals on this album delivered by front man Sam Fryer and some vocals from Chili Jenson are very Damon Albarn and early blur, these vocals really stick out on songs like “No Money Honey” and “Peter & The Gun “which are two of my favorites from this album, another song that just really screams Palma Violets is “Girl You Couldn’t Do Much Better On The Beach “with catchy lyrics this is another indie anthem for the band.

As much as I’m glad that Palma violets are back with a new album it feels like one of them albums that you need to listen to a couple of times before you really appreciate it, the first time I listened to it I got pretty bored half way though, but when I got to track ten “Walking Home “I began to really enjoy it sadly they was only three tracks left. The album starts off really well and then it kind of gets a bit boring around about track six “Secrets Of America “this track seems to me that it was put on the album as a filler but the album picks itself back up with the next track “The Jacket Song “which is also one of my other favorites from the album, this album starts off so well and then it drops a bit and picks itself back up again.

Overall the album is rather good but I think after the success of their first album “180” its hard to make a second album that’s just as good and that people will like more than the first album.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part One Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost review.

Albums Of The Year.

I Re-watched Fleabag and now I cant stop crying