Foals What Went Down Review.

“What Went Down “is the fourth studio album from oxford based band Foals, and after listening to this album basically non stop all week its grown on me vast amounts from the first time I listened to it, considering this album has been heavily anticipated by so many people you cant really fault it at all.

Lead singer Yannis Philippakis describes “What Went Down “as their heaviest album yet and I have to agree with him, from his pure clear cut angry voices in self titled track What Went Down which remind me of “I Want To Be Your Dog” by the stooges, to the heavy drums and bass in the second track of the album “Mountain At My Gates” and of course not forgetting the massive build up in Albatross.

This album may have some heavier songs than past albums like Total Life Forever and Antidotes, but it still has that Foals sound that so many people love including myself. From the heavier sounds of “Mountain At My Gates” the album continues to a much more mellow and chilled out song “Birch Tree “which to me feels like it should be on antidotes, the album just seems to flow so well and by the time you know you’re on the last track of the album “A Knife In The Ocean”.

I may seem to adore this album now but when it was first released just over ten days ago I wasn’t as keen, considering how amazing and how much I loved their last album “Holy Fire “released in 2013,I was very meh on this album, its an album that I feel like you have to grow to love or an album you just have to listen to a couple of times before you can fully appreciate it, every song on this album is so different but at the same again it keeps that classic foals sound that they’ve had since the release of their first album in 2008.

As much as I love all the songs on the album a couple of songs really stick out to me and really make the album for me personally, “Lonely Hunter “has to be my favourite track on the album, there is something in particularly about this song that I just really love and I cant really put my finger on what it is but this song just completely makes the album for me.

Overall this album is so good and keeps that foals sound but it also is a lot different to they previous albums.

Catch Foals on tour in the UK this November starting on the 7th of November in Norwich.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part One Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost review.

Albums Of The Year.

I Re-watched Fleabag and now I cant stop crying