The Man Who Fell To Earth.

I’ve always thought the expression you don’t know what you have until it’s gone was a rather cringe worthy expression, but in this case it’s the truest thing I’ve ever possibly heard. David Bowie the man that meant a huge amount to a large amount of people, the man that I personally thought would out live us all is sadly no longer with us after a 18 month battle with cancer, Bowie passed away peacefully with his family by his side at the age of 69 in New York.

I’m not particularly sure why I’m writing this because no words can justify how much I adore this man and how truly heartbroken and devastated I am that the man that means everything to me is no longer here, ever since I was four years old and my mum insisted that I watch the labyrinth even though it scared the shit out of me and it still does now, ever since I heard heroes this man has been my hero and he always will be.
I feel like a part of me has died and of course I don’t think I’m the only one who feels this way, personally I feel like something in the atmosphere has changed like the world has shifted because a true genius is gone, he inspired so many generations and forever more he will inspire a whole new generation with his music and of course just everything about his beautiful mind and self.

Bowie personally showed me that it was okay to be myself to be that weird outsider that liked different things that was different to everyone, he taught me to be flamboyant and to be confident and to be the person i wanted to be rather than being like everyone else, whether it was though his music or his films or just him in general, he had something about him and I’ve never been able to place what it is about him,i just know that he will be missed deeply by so so so so many people, including myself.
Rest in peace you beautiful and genius man, thank you for everything you’ve ever done, you will forever be in my heart and everyone else’s.

Disclaimer I apologise for how unarticulated this is I’m a huge mess and I can’t particularly form the right words to say at this moment in time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part One Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost review.

Albums Of The Year.

Why “Reggie Yates Life And Death In Chicago” is so important.