Why Channel four are so wrong to get rid of raised by wolves.

Raised by wolves a comedy about the Gary family set in the loveliest of places Wolverhampton, written by Caitlin Moran and sister Caroline, based off of they childhood and possibly the best programme that channel four have broadcasted in the past couple of years, and the programme I’ve invested way to much time and effort into since that time I thought I was going to be a lawyer and spent at least three weeks watching law and order for six hours a day convinced it would suddenly make me a lawyer of some sorts.

After this already terrible year of loss heartbreak, brexit and finding out that Davey Cameron the pie would no longer be running this shit show of a country, the news got delivered to me today by my best mate that my favorite show would be axed from channel four after only two series, its safe to say my heart broke just a little bit more, and I’m not sure how much more my heart can take this year. As I tried to absorb this news my mind started to list all the great things that I’ve learned from this programme and Caitlin herself from reading all her books in the short space of two months (again), from Yoko’s love of animals that are more or less exitcnted, to Germaine’s openness about sexuality and literally anything else in the world to Della the women who has the quickest wit and best one liners I think I’ve ever seen in comedy.

To me this programme was so much more than a family of six kids (seven if you include grampy) living pretty much on the poverty line but getting on with it and not caring, of course you could say it was a metaphor for big families that rely on the state welfare and some of the things they have to go though just to keep they heads above water, but in raised by wolves it showed us that there is so much more to life and that things don’t have to be as bad as everyone makes them out to be.  

From the first episode I was hooked, mainly because I seem to be the embedment of Aretha and Germaine as well as Yoko when it comes to her love of animals and her naiveness. And even now I couldn’t give you a reason as to why I was hooked to this programme maybe because it reminded me of myself and my best friend so much because we have the conversations that Aretha and Germaine have, maybe its because my mum can be so much like Della sometimes (minus the five other kids) maybe its because Caitlin and Caroline’s writing is so true and exactly what teenage girls and everyone needs to hear.

But no matter how many times i re watch both series of this and tweet channel four a stupid amount of times begging them to bring it back and persuading them with twenty pounds and a promise of baked goods, Caitlin and Caroline are not wallowing in self pity and saying that’s that for raised by wolves, nope in classic Moran style she is rallying up the next rebel alliance to not let raised by wolves die out and i for one am totally behind her on this.

Join the raised by wolves rebel alliance below!
http://www.bigtalkproductions.com/raisedbywolves/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part One Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost review.

Albums Of The Year.

I Re-watched Fleabag and now I cant stop crying