Part One Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost review.

Part One Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost review.

Oh hello! It’s me your local mushroom, I have returned to my now pretty much-forgotten blog which makes me so very sad, but honestly in the past two months there hasn’t been any spare time to write anything for myself which makes me so sad, because all I ever I want to do is write and make people listen to my insignificant opinions on everything and anything.

But finally I have found some time in my mad hectic life to finally write something for myself, between working pretty much full time, doing a degree and trying to have some kind of social life and semi-normal sleeping pattern, I haven’t had a spare second to write anything, that is however until the wonder that is Foals new album came out three days ago, and now I’m about to make you read this delightful little waffle on this beautiful album that I haven’t stopped listening to for the past three days, and to think this is the only first half of the album, boys we are in for a treat.

Okay so, I feel that anyone that is friends with me or remotely knows me, knows that Foals are my boys, they have been one of my favourite bands since I jumped on the holy fire, my number band wagon and I haven’t gotten off since, that summer I was lucky enough to see them for the first time at reading and since that day when I witnessed Olympic Airways live for the first time, I have not looked back, so when they finally announced that their new albums, that’s right not one but TWO ALBUMS were coming out this year, to say I had a minor breakdown was a bit of an understatement.

To think that the wonder that is What Went Down came out four years ago this summer, you can imagine how happy I was when exits was released and the long wait for my boys to return was over. If I’m honest where exits was first released I wasn’t fully convinced by it, it was a bit meh, I mean sure it stuck in my head and I was happy that we finally had, some new foals music but it didn’t really strike something within me like they work usually does, and then all of a sudden Sunday was released, I didn’t listen to at first just because I didn’t want to be a bit disappointed like I was with exits, but as me and my best friend sat in her bedroom, hungover on a Sunday, as I pressed play it was like one of them moments in a cringe teen movie, when you see the main character listen to a song that will shape their life, or at least the next couple of months of their life, and as we sat there and listened to it for the first time, my heart dropped. I don’t know what it was it might me be the dreamy intro to the last minute or so that sounds a like a mixture of a dreamy version of born slippy and massive attack.  But  I knew as soon as the song finished that this album wasn’t going to disappoint and my love for them certainly wasn’t going to falter anytime soon.

I can honestly say from start to end the album just flows, the transitions are spot on, especially from in degrees to syrups, and the transition from Surf, Pt.1 to Sunday, it flows so beautifully and before you know it's been an hour and you’ve listened to it, of course  just like any album there’s songs that stick out more than others, in degrees, of course, being one of them, I can't even begin to explain how much I adore this song, from the first time I heard it, I had to pause it and start again at least four times because I was so shocked by it, I don’t know what it is but something within that song really gets to me and sticks with me, it might be to do with the changeup near the end of the song, and the way it builds up, it really reminds me of antidotes foals, which we all know is a beautiful kind of foals. But the song with the most incredible change up and transition into something a bit heavier is Syrups. There’s something in this song reminds me of the build-up in Two Steps Twice and Olympic Airways, which are two of my favourite songs maybe ever, and I can just see me this summer, in a field absolutely losing my shit to this song, which I think is what I’m most excited for.

I truthfully don’t think an album has hit me this hard since I listened to assume form nearly two months ago, of course both albums hit me in different ways for different reasons, but they both hit me in the same capacity of “holy shit I need to lie down for a while”. This album really reminds me of antidotes foals as well, it feels like they’ve said fuck it lets go back to our roots a little bit but expand it and mix it with our newer sound as well, which is somehow created this beautiful baby. You can for sure hear the influence of antidotes in Café D’Athens which is, of course, a banger, maybe one of the weaker tracks on the album but still for sure a banger.

From the eerily opening of Moonlight to the apologetically sad closing of I’m done with the world and it’s done with me, this album has truly reinstated my love for this band and the pure genius that is the Greek god Yannis Philippakis, and all I can say is the next part of this album is truly going to give me a heart attack, and I’m pretty sure I will faint within the first two songs when I see them again finally this summer, after nearly four years.

BEST SONGS ON THE ALBUM INCLUDE
SUNDAY
IN DEGREES
SYRUPS
CAFÉ D’ATHENS


Let me know your thoughts on the album either on twitter! (Gothicpeachh) or on Instagram (Gothicpeachh)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mum's Stranded List.

Why “Reggie Yates Life And Death In Chicago” is so important.

Albums Of The Year.