Mia's Stranded List

Mia’s Stranded list

Another week, another stranded list. Can you believe ive stuck to something for a month, that’s a new record Christ.

On this weeks Stranded List we have the smallest but also loudest person I know, (excluding my dog), its one of my closest friends Mia. Much like Kim and Kanye we are rather inseparable, you can find us together wandering the streets of London at night whilst Mia takes photos of pretty much anything that she finds aesthically pleasing (which is anything pink or a sunset) Or if you cant find us we wandering around London, you will find us at some festival or other, in some tent where we’ve been for at least four hours, because mia refuses to leave said tent.

I met mia oddly on a bus on our way to a introduction day at our old college, she says I caught her eye because I looked cute and I was reading Oscar Wilde (like the pretentious piece of trash I am) and from that day on over two years ago,where we promised to stick together because everyone looked like a bit of twat, we’ve stayed together ever since. We’ve been through a lot these past two years, including some awful phrases that I will not mention because I’m still embarrassed until this day and I’m sure Mia will whine to me about it and how I embrass her enough already.

I guess I asked Mia to participate in this project because Mia’s taste in music is well rather diverse much like my own, when together we can go from a garage track to a track about ubering everywhere and know both songs off by heart. And plus I don’t think ive ever met someone that loves Childish Gambino as much she does, so lets get cracking here is Mia’s addition of The Stranded List.

    How To Fly By Sticky Fingers taken from the album Caress Your Soul I picked How To Fly because it reminds me of a certain someone, the song was played the first night I met them and I think it will always take me back to that moment.



 Fly Away By Tink taken from the mixtape Winter’s Diary 2 I picked this track because its so simply and sums up the writers aspirations’ with the person, she’s in love with, she talks about how she wants to get away from her mundane life which is everything I want to do.


   St Tropez by J. Cole taken from the album 2014 Forest Hills Drive The reason I picked this song is because its really calming to me, and I feel you can imagine yourself drifting up into the clouds when you listen to it, but I also like how the song is about how the writer is about take off in his fame and about to make it big in Hollywood. I feel like people can relate to these feelings as we all take off into the big wide world.


      Real by Years and Years taken from the album Communion I picked this song due to it being my favourite Years & Years song, besides the catchy beat the song is about a guy that has feelings for someone, but he’s having to hide his feelings to be able to stay in contact with them, and plus the feelings are all one sided. I feel everyone can relate to this and it gives out the message that you shouldn’t change yourself and suppress your future just to make someone accept you. However on a serious note I feel I have lost a lot of people and this song really questions how much those people cared about me.



 Get Away by The Internet taken from the album Ego Death I picked this because I feel that it’s a perfect example of people hiding their problems, and trying to escape reality in this song Syd is using weed to “go to space” due to her relationship problems, if eel the verses and beats are really harsh, reflecting the arguments and disagreements and the chorus is a lot more relaxed, like it can take you away from all your problems which I love.



    Telegraph Ave by Childish Gambino taken from the album because The Internet   Childish is my favourite artist alive, and although it was very hard to pick just one I feel like this song is perfect for being on a desert island. He’s always had love for beautiful places and islands, and I love how bino really takes you on his journey with this song and it literally feels like you’re sat next to him. He will always be an artist that shows his every feeling through his week.



     3O Hours by Kanye West taken from the album The Life Of Pablo I picked 30 hours as it one of Kanye’s newest songs, however it reminds me of his old college dropout days, I feel like it has an 80’s feel to it and its just so different from his new stuff, I feel you can imagine yourself in the classic move position of looking out of a car window on a long drive in the middle of nowhere.



     2 Seater by Tyler The Creator taken from the album Cherry Bomb I picked this as its my favourite song by Tyler ever, I love when he incorporates female vocals with his rapping, and he is also an artist that likes to create a story within his work. All of his songs change from one beat to another and they never sound the same, especially with 2 seater it’s almost like 3 different songs in one. Tyler uses his car as a metaphor for his relationship, and to me it’s his most beautiful work.


      Get away by Kehlani taken from the mixtape Cloud 19   Kehlani is my favourite female artist and get away is my favourite song by her, I really love the piano beat and her overlaying vocals, she always manages to create beautiful melodies and has a positive personality which always shines through her music.


Wild Things by Alessia Cara taken from the album Know it All I picked this as this is a song that always takes me away to my summer with all my friends and the memories of not having a lot of money and camping in the middle of nowhere, driving for hours, late night skinny dipping, being on the beach until the early hours of the morning and all the festivals ive ended up at, although it is played on the radio a lot, it will always have the power to make me smile.


Question time (don’t worry its not political)

1.     So you have three books to read, whilst you’re stranded what are they?
Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman
Will Grayson by John Green
Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

2.    You have three luxury items to keep you occupied what are they?
Heffy my stuffed heffalump (Heffy doesn’t go anywhere without mia trust me)
A cam recorder or camera
Everlasting baby wipes because I aint about using no leaves for my business)

3.    Now you could be stranded for a whole, so what would your last supper be, it can from anywhere or anything you want in the world.
Starter- tuna and cous cous
Main- chicken and mushroom pie with mash and green beans
Pudding- apple crumble with custard

4.    If there was anyone in the world you could be stuck with in this place, dead or alive who would you pick and why?
My friend Emily because she was a girl scout, and because we live with each other for weeks and not annoy each other.
My friend hope because I never get to see her as she lives in Manchester plus if at any point I was dying I would be laughing all the way through it because she is so funny.

5.    If you could have any smell in the world bottled what would it be and why?
My younger has a scent on his blanket, so I would bottle that because if I was home sick or couldn’t sleep I could just sniff it and be all good again.


Listen to the Spotify playlist (disclaimer some of the songs are from mix tapes and unavailable on Spotify.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part One Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost review.

Albums Of The Year.

I Re-watched Fleabag and now I cant stop crying